At Lawrence Central’s October 30th meeting at the Eldridge we were updated by Lawrence City Manager David Corliss on what the 2014 budget has in store for us in Lawrence. You can see a copy of the Lawrence 2014 Budget HERE but here’s a quick bullet list of the headlines.
- Work on a new sewage treatment plant south of the Wakarusa River.
- Reconstruction of the intersection at 23rd and Iowa streets. Expect new turn lanes and greater vehicle capacity.
- First phase of the 31st Street extension in eastern Lawrence. When completed in 2015, the project will extend 31st Street from Haskell Avenue to O’Connell Road.
- Rebuild a portion of Wakarusa Drive from Oread West to Legends Drive.
- Work is also starting on the K10 SLT (South Lawrence Trafficway) that will connect east from Iowa to K10 to allow traffic on K10 to flow around town and now down 23rd street.
- Also is the money and infrastructure for the new Rock Chalk Park Rec center opening next year
- Finishing up Venture Park on the east side and finding more tenants.
- Curbside Recycling commencing next fall.
Here’s a link to David’s presentation, also available on the city’s site at www.lawrenceks.org/prezi/public_presentation